I have a question for you, that my title made sound like a blogging-related question, but it totally isn’t.
I sang in a concert on Sunday. We’d been working hard towards it, as usual, and had a fantastic fun programme which was a bit different from our usual (Jazz, rather than Classical). We had an audience of about 40 people, less than half our usual.
Now, there were some obvious reasons for the drop.
1) It was daylight saving day and probably it was just too confusing for people, or they turned up after we finished (concert was only an hour long);
2) It was a different style programme from usual (though I would have thought it would have more appeal, not less);
3) It was at a different venue from usual,
4) At a different time from usual;
5) The time was 1 pm on a Sunday when a lot of people would be having their lunch.
Besides all that… and here’s where I’d like you all to answer…
How can we build our audience?
… or more specifically…
What makes you go to a concert? What do you want to get out of it? How much are you willing to shell out and what for?
Where do you hear about the things that you go to?
If all 50-odd of my followers respond, I’ll have a pretty good sample! 🙂 I promise I’ll respond to your reply.